For decades, the names Dietze, Elbik and Eldur have been synonymous with wire technology and precision electronic components. Our history goes back to 1921, when Bruno Dietze founded a machine manufacturing company together with his partner Gustav Brückner in Coburg. While the company focused on the production of lead-in wires for lighting in the early years, new products for various industries have been introduced over time. Creative thinking, continuous development and constant improvement have been the key elements contributing to the company’s transformation into a world-class supplier.
Our history begins in 1921 with the establishment of our company Brückner & Dietze in Coburg, Germany, by Bruno Dietze and his partner Gustav Brückner. They developed and built production equipment for the lighting industry, ranging from filament winding machines to complete lamp assembly lines.
Bruno Dietze separated from his partner and concentrated on the lead wire business. Operations included factories in Vienna, Paris, Turin and London.
Eldur AG in Maienfeld, Switzerland, was started by Dr. Wolfgang Dietze, the second generation to lead the firm. The Swiss company initially focused on silicon-glass diode lead wires and lighting products. Nowadays, the location also serves as the headquarters of the Dietze Group.
Werner Dietze, the third generation to manage the company, identified the rising demand for connectors and acquired Elbik GmbH. Today, connector products are a core pillar of the Dietze group and are widely used in the automotive industry.
To better serve the growing American lighting market, Eldur Corporation was incorporated in Bangor, Maine.
Fierce competition developed in the semiconductor industry. Big corporations shifted their production to Asia. In order to meet their demands, Shanghai Eldur Electronic Components Co started a high-volume operation for welded diodes leads and stamped SMD terminals.
Eldur Slovakia k.s. is established in Nesvady to support the Dietze Group in the lighting market. Today, this location also serves as a manufacturing plant for glass-to-metal sealing products.
As the traditional lightning business underwent significant changes and replacement technologies emerged, the company began looking for new opportunities. The group acquired GMV-Steinach Glass to Metal Seals Company and started to invest in the glass-to-metal technology. Producing high-precision hermetic sealing solutions developed into the third main pillar of the family business.
Kasperzik Werkzeugbau, which specialized in component manufacturing for stamping tools since 1982, was acquired by the Dietze Group to help enhance our know-how and capabilities in the stamping area.